Here at STAR UK, we know that you want to be sure that the material you publish is of the highest quality. As a starting point, we proofread all of our translations as part of our standard service. You can be assured that two qualified translators have worked on your text before it is delivered back to you.
In addition to this, we're also happy to check existing translations; whether you have a doubt about the quality, or even if you just want a second opinion, just ask. If the translation is already good, we'll tell you so. If the translation needs improvement, then we'll work with you to improve it.
So what do we check for when reviewing a translation?
- Adherence to customer terminology
- Accuracy and consistency of the translation
- Omitted or additional text in the translation
- Correct use of grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Localised number formats
- Correct translation in context
- Adherence to any images/screenshots in the source text
- Use of a suitable style for the document
But what if your document is not a translation?
We can still help. We're often asked to carry out language reviews on original documents. We check grammar, punctuation and spelling, but we also ensure that the text is optimised for purpose and for its end reader. Our proofreaders are all native speakers, working in specialist areas, who will work closely with you throughout the proofreading process.