Role: In-house German to English Translator
Starting salary: Dependent on experience
Location: Woking, Surrey
This role is at our busy Surrey office and is an opportunity to join one of Europe’s largest LSPs as an in-house translator. The ideal applicant will be a new graduate with a post-graduate degree in translation or someone looking to move on to a second role within the translation industry.
- English to native speaker level
- Fluent in German
- Post-graduate qualification in translation from a recognised body
- Excellent touch typing skills
- Impeccable eye for detail
- Ability to work effectively under deadline pressure
- Ability to work well both alone and in team of translators
- Experience of technical, financial, legal or medical texts
- Good computer literacy
- Familiarity with translation memory software
- Ability to translate other languages, especially Spanish or Italian, is a definite advantage
We offer a varied translation role with projects from across our wide portfolio of customers. Our office is relaxed and friendly but the heavy workload and deadline pressures make for a dynamic working environment.
Applicants will be asked to complete a test translation as part of the selection process.
We offer 24 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays, a bonus scheme and a contributory pension scheme.
To apply for the role, send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org