Role: Translation Project Manager
Location: Guildford, Surrey
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: Dependent on experience + pension and bonus scheme
Our Guildford-based office is looking for a Translation Project Manager to co-ordinate the provision of language services to our varied client base. You will primarily manage German and French-speaking clients but as part of a team in a truly global company, your role will involve a wide range of languages and markets.
As a Project Manager, you’ll be involved in every aspect of managing the lifecycle of a translation project, from liaising with clients and producing quotations, through to sourcing translators and delivery of the final project. You will be responsible for maintaining relationships with and delivering outstanding service to key corporate clients.
As part of our very experienced team of project managers and translators, you’ll be working with STAR offices and clients from around the world, so you need to be confident and personable, happy to get stuck in to whatever needs doing.
- Native-level English speaker
- Educated to degree level
- Fluent in at least one language other than English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding organisational skills – you must enjoy juggling multiple tasks, working to tight deadlines
- A desire to provide the best possible customer service at all times
- Liaising with STAR offices and other clients, understanding their requirements and proposing suitable solutions
- Managing multiple translation projects, working with translation memory software
- Scheduling projects for translation
- Managing customers’ reference material and terminology
- Developing relationships with client and translators
- Day-to-day administration of the translation process
Full training will be provided. We offer 24 days’ holiday, a contributory pension and a bonus scheme.
Join our network of freelance translators.